ashura

Book Clever

Mostly just my books, but also some reviews (they might contain spoilers, they're imported from GR and don't parse).

I'm an avid reader of all types, but be warned that I mostly enjoy: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, romances and M/M erotica.

GUERRA INTERMINABLE (RA?STICA) (9788435021234)

La guerra interminable (La guerra interminable, #1) - Joe Haldeman, Edith Zilli When I went to the library I was very hesitant on whether to grab this book or not, but I figured since I was only taking out one other book, I would give it a try. The author sounded familiar, after all.I regret actually picking it up. When I got home and read the reviews, so many of which had very high ratings, I thought it would be a great read; but to my personal taste it wasn't. The military parts - most of the book - was good, but it was rather slow and a little boring for someone who isn't that much into reading military and war related things. My bad, as I suppose I should have expected it given the title.And then it got to the whole homosexuality part and I thought: what the hell am I reading? I'm sure they could've come up with a hundred better ways to stop overpopulation, but okay, lets say I went along with it.I couldn't stand the main character- I couldn't stand any of the characters, frankly. The place the military gave women in this book? Awful. There is not a single thing I can rescue of it that I actually enjoyed. I had a hard time even finishing it.