ashura

Book Clever

Mostly just my books, but also some reviews (they might contain spoilers, they're imported from GR and don't parse).

I'm an avid reader of all types, but be warned that I mostly enjoy: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, romances and M/M erotica.

Magic's Pawn (The Last Herald-Mage Series, Book 1)

Magic's Pawn - Mercedes Lackey The story was catching and very interesting, I really liked it in the sense of story, though I must admit I disliked the writing style. Still, it was not the worse I have read, and once I got used to it I could get by it for the sake of the story.I loved every single character in the book... except the main character, Vanyel. It felt way over the top, and that his angst could have well been toned down without making him as annoying and difficult to love as I found him to be. I spent 3/4 of the book wanting to slam his head against a wall and that the book would focus on something else.And that's the reason why I gave it a simple three stars- it was just above "ok" to me, but I hated the one that appeared as main the most, so I could not come to "really" like it.I would, however, like to read most of this and recommend it for a simple time passing read.